- What information do we collect?
We primarily collect personal information that is necessary for us to provide the products and services toyou. Personal information is any information that identifies you or that can be used to identify you, and may include:
- your name, address and contact details (address, telephone numbers and email address);
- your work contact details including name, telephone numbers, work address and email address if you are a customer or supplier of Essity;
- information about your dealings with us about our products and/or services;
- if you are a patient who has been referred to us by your therapist/doctor, details about your medicalcondition including measurements for custom made garments, medical history, previous treatments, allergies and other medical conditions you may have. We may collect your credit card details to process a payment, but we will not retain those details after your payment has been processed; and
- other personal information you may disclose to us when you contact us with a query or complaint, or where you request a product or service from us, or information about a product or service from us, or which is contained in any other communications between you and us.
Where relevant we may ask you for other information, for example, qualifications and employment history, if you apply for employment with us.
Some of this information is considered by law to be “sensitive information” about you. This includes any information that tells us about your health and/or medical condition. This information is only collected where relevant and necessary to ensure that you are given appropriate guidance and support based onyour specific circumstances. In New Zealand, we will comply with the New Zealand Health Information Privacy Code 1994 when we collect, use, disclose, store, and process, your health information. The HIPC defines health information to include information about:
- an individual’s health or disabilities;
- an individual’s medical history;
- health or disability services being provided, or that have been provided, to an individual; and
information collected while providing health and disability services, such as addresses for billing purposes or information relevant to funding.
- How do we collect and hold your personal information?
We may collect personal information in the following ways:
- where possible, directly from you, either in person, in documents, by email or via the Essity website;
- from third parties for example your therapist/doctor who recommends a Essity product and/or service to you; and
- from publicly available resources.
We hold personal information in hard copy and electronic files.
If your personal information is no longer needed for any of the purposes for which it is collected or for which it may be lawfully used, Essity will take reasonable steps to either destroy or permanently de-identify it, subject to any legal obligations and responsibilities to retain it. In such instances, we will only hold such personal information for as long as we are lawfully entitled to do so.
- Collection of information
When using Essity websites, you may voluntarily disclose personal information to us. Our server may automatically record details such as your internet address, domain name if applicable, and the date and time of your visit to our website. This information is used for internal purposes only, including statisticalpurposes.
We will try to not identify users or their browsing activities except as necessary to investigate or report any suspected unlawful activity, as required or authorised by law or as reasonably necessary for the activity of an enforcement body.
By using the Essity website, you consent to the storing and accessing of cookies or other information on your device in connection with your use of the Essity website.
- Why do we collect personal information?
Generally, we collect, store and use personal information about you in the course of obtaining goods andservices from you, to meet our obligations to you as well as to enable us to provide our products andservices to you (whether as a customer of Essity or where a Essity product has been recommended to you), to enable us to address any query or complaint you may have made, and / or so you can seek employment with us or communicate with us in writing, by e-mail, telephone or via the Essity website. We also collect, store and use your personal information for the purposes set out in section 6.
Our ability to meet our obligations to you, your business or to process any application may be adversely affected if you do not give us the requested personal information, or if the information you give us is incomplete or inaccurate.
- How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information primarily to provide our products and services to you in the ordinary course of conducting our business and/or to obtain goods and services from you. We may also collect, store and use any of your personal information to:
- contact you to provide you with the information, materials or products and services you request;
- contact you to provide you with information and materials on our products and services that we think you may be interested in;
- provide you with our products and services (whether as a customer of Essity or where a Essity product has been recommended to you), including to create or modify a customer garment;
- provide you with information about the products and services you are currently using;
- provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- manage our relationship with you, including addressing any queries or complaints you may have, and to improve the services we provide;
- enable you to access and use the Essity website;
- communicate with you in relation to your use of and access to the Essity website;
- monitor, develop and improve the Essity website and ensure that content on the website it relevant, of interest to you, and presented in the most effective manner for you;
- assist us generally in managing transactions with our customers, suppliers and other contacts(including charging, billing, credit card authorisation and verification and collecting debts);
- comply with our legal obligations and ethically carry on our business; and
- use for any other purpose that you authorise.
If we intend to use your personal information for direct marketing, such as adding you to a marketing database, and you did not consent to this use at the time we collected your relevant contact details, we will first notify you and will provide you with an opportunity to opt in to receive such communications.
If you no longer wish to receive our email alerts you may opt out at any time by replying to the email using the unsubscribe facility. If you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative communications.
- To whom do we disclose personal information?
We will only disclose personal information for the purpose for which it was collected or in the following circumstances:
- to a member of the Essity AB group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries for consultation and reporting on relevant issues and for storage purposes,depending on where our storage facilities and/or servers are located;
- third parties including business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and service providers who assist Essity in the conduct of our business;
- to the practitioner who recommended Essity’s products and services to you;
- where required or authorised by law or otherwise as permitted under the respective Privacy Act;
- where you consent or have authorised the disclosure to a third party;
- Cross-border disclosure of personal information
We may deal with third parties such as website service providers, marketing service providers or IT support service providers that have all or part of their operations located overseas. As a result, your personal information may be disclosed to a recipient in a foreign country including, but not limited to, Germany and Sweden.
- How secure and accurate is your personal information?
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information we hold is:
- accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading;
- stored in a secure environment; and
- protected from misuse, interference and loss as well as unauthorised access, modification ordisclosure,
but cannot guarantee the security of any personal information we collect and store.
If any of your details change, please let us know as soon as possible by using the contact details below so we can maintain the accuracy of your personal information.
In Australia and New Zealand, your personal information is collected and held, on behalf of Essity, by:
Essity Australia & New Zealand PO Box 337
Mount Waverley, Victoria, 3149 Australia
- How can you access and correct your personal information?
We seek to ensure that all personal information collected is accurate and complete. You have a right to access, and correct, personal information we hold about you.
We will comply with any request to access your personal information that you send us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com except where certain exceptions in the relevant Privacy Act allow us to refuse to do so. There is no fee for making a request to access yourpersonal information but we may charge a fee to recoup our costs of giving you access to your personalinformation in a mutually agreed format, usually by sighting the accessible information held on file. We will advise you if a fee may be imposed, and the likely amount of the fee, before access is given.
You also have the right to ask us to correct information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading. If we refuse to correct your personal information as requested, we must:
- notify you in writing of the reasons for the refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to do so) and how to complain of the refusal; and
- upon request from you, take such steps are as reasonable in the circumstances to associate a statement that the information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading in such a manner that it will always be read with the information, and so that it will be apparent to users of the information.
- Links to other websites
Our links to the linked websites should in no way be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by us of the owners or operators of the linked website or of the content, products or services contained on or referred to by the linked websites.
- How can I contact Essity?
Attention: Privacy Officer
Mail: Essity Australia and New Zealand PO Box 337
Mount Waverly 3149 Victoria, Australia
Phone: 1300 BSN MED (1300 276 633)
We will consider and respond to any enquiry or complaint notified to us within a reasonable time, usually within 30 days. We will always endeavour to resolve any complaint to your satisfaction.
- Australian Privacy Commissioner
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your enquiry or complaint, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on Tel: 1300 363 992 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Zealand Privacy Commissioner
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle your enquiry or complaint, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner on Tel: 0800 803 909, email: email@example.com, or submit an online complaint form accessed at www.privacy.org.nz/your-rights/making-a-complaint/.
Last updated: February 2021